Still on the Search, and Here we are Again

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bythepowerofgrayskull

Post by bythepowerofgrayskull » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:47 am

Now I wanna say now that my absolute ideal has always been the Mesa Stiletto (since they came out). They're just very expensive (for me, poor college kid). What I'm considering now is a Tiny Terror+PPC212. I'd prefer the Stiletto but seeing as I'm going to be moving all over the place and living somewhere very small soon, the controllable volume and "bagability" of the TT sure would be nice. Definatly need the 2x12 though (favorite cab format). What I'm looking for here is like a raw, loud, midrangey type of tone. Bands whose tone inspire me include Slick Shoes, Rise Against, Ramones, and the like, so obviously a very punk-rock type of sound. And as far as guitars, I base my sound largely on the P-90 sound. Any advice would be great, thanks! :)

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:57 am

Well I guess you need to do a trade off of portability & price against what you really want from the amp!

The TT is a good little amp, and will serve you quite nicely for gigging etc (although you will need a cab for it).
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:36 pm

That stiletto is a nice amp. I used to have one. The tt with a 212 is sweet too. Tough decision.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:27 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by feider</i>
<br />That stiletto is a nice amp. I used to have one. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

:evil:
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

bythepowerofgrayskull

Post by bythepowerofgrayskull » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah, I went back to the music store and just sat in front of the Stiletto for a while cheking out all the great sounds I could get with it and a Prs Se Soapbar. Think i'm gonna have to go with the Mesa. Though my back and wallet will not thank me :p