New Here

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Maltozombie
Tiny Terror

Post by Maltozombie » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 am

gotta envy you Scandinavians, must be something in the air there, you guys play 90% of us under the table.

english may be a second language to you, but i'm sure music is your first :D congrats on the orange

<b>Fender Strat HSS-
Krank Rev. Jr. Pro-

<h1>The Song Remains Insane.</h1>

polishdog90
Rocker

Post by polishdog90 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:57 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ole</i>
<br />Hi all!

This is my first post and I figured I´d join in as I´ve been visiting this forum on and off for a few months now. I´ve found lots of useful info on all things Orange here. Thank you for that. From what I understand you are a great group of people.

I bought a Rockerverb 50 head and a PPC 412 cab (in black!) during the summertime and I´ve been very happy with both. I own a Fender Deville 212, but I needed an amp that could do great overdrive tones too. The clean channel on the RV isn´t exactly Fender, but I like it the way it is.

I play in a few bands ranging from acoustic covers (90s rock) to progressive metal. I really like all kinds of music, but lately I´m been listening and playing the blues, some jazz, post-rock (or whaterver you call it!) and prog rock/metal.

English isn´t my native language, but I try my best. :)

Greetings from Finland!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Welcome to the forum! I've also gotten into post-rock lately, but I'm still having some difficulties playing it. It's just so different that I have a hard time figuring it out.

ESBlonde
Orange Master

Post by ESBlonde » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:35 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kittenface</i>
<br />yup

You nearly excelled yourself with that one ;).
:D
Here we go; three, four...

Ole

Post by Ole » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks guys! :)

I need to get some new pics of my gear. I think I don´t even have a proper photo of my Orange half stack yet. I´ll do that asap...

I have a PRS CE 24, a PRS Standard 22 (my main guitar) and a Music Man John Petrucci 7 string. I want a Tele Thinline. :) Either a Fender or a Warmoth. I like the idea of building/putting together a guitar by myself. I don´t know if I have the skills though. I made a footswitch for my RV, but that´s a little different. :)

I like pedals too. My current pedalboard consists of Boss TU-2, Boss PS-5, Banzai Fireball 3, Line6 MM-4, Boss RE-20 and a Line6 DL-4. The Line6s and the RE-20 are in the loop. I can definitely recommend the Banzai. It works great with the Orange. Probably my favourite od pedal.

What I like about my Orange is that it´s got character. And a great sound.

I´ve been playing for about 12-13 years and I´m in my mid 20s now. I take playing seriously, but I have fun while doing it and I call it my hobby. It´s an expensive hobby, but I don´t mind. It´s a huge part of my life.

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 am

Nice, now you have to post some pics!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Sparkle
Tiny Terror

Post by Sparkle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:01 am

Yep....welcome to the forum... and by the way Am I the only Luxemburgish fellow here ?? :)
My Celtic metal band :
www.clanrock.lu

Ampersand
Tiny Terror

Post by Ampersand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:47 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Maltozombie</i>
<br />gotta envy you Scandinavians, must be something in the air there, you guys play 90% of us under the table.

Might be becuse we have nothing better to do :oops:
-Kris

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Welcome, and you english is better then mine.....

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:59 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ampersand</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Maltozombie</i>
<br />gotta envy you Scandinavians, must be something in the air there, you guys play 90% of us under the table.

I hear if you play bad in Iceland, they toss you in the cold Ocean. Here , they only toss beer bottles at you. I have been playing behind Chicken Wire for years!!!!!:D
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Phate
Rocker

Post by Phate » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Hello and welcome! :)

Congrats on your Orange! The Rockerverb is an amazing head.

I like your name, my name is Ole too :D
Ole

ImageImage

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bink</i>
<br />Welcome!
Your English seems pretty good to me!
Glad you're liking the RV50 - I love black Oranges, think they look very cool. congrats! :D

I agree you're most welcome, and I agree you've made a very fine first foray into the world of Orange. However, Orange gear should be Orange...call me old fashioned!! Enjoy it, but first spray it orange.:mrgreen:

Ampersand
Tiny Terror

Post by Ampersand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rrrajo</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ampersand</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" face="Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Maltozombie</i>

I hear if you play bad in Iceland, they toss you in the cold Ocean. Here , they only toss beer bottles at you. I have been playing behind Chicken Wire for years!!!!!:D

Toss us in the ocean? Phah! It's far worse, I tell you! They burn down our igloos!
-Kris

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Igloos... I thought Iceland was green and Greenland was full of Ice... Your just trying to keep us Colonials away aren't you.....:D
Vince

Ampersand
Tiny Terror

Post by Ampersand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:42 pm

Haha, that's one way to look at it, although I suppose we should welcome them now that we're virtually bankrupt. :x I'm using the time until prices start to grow to buy gear! Loads and loads of gear!
-Kris

Drdos
Orange Master

Post by Drdos » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:46 pm

[quoteI'm using the time until prices start to grow to buy gear! Loads and loads of gear!
[/quote]
I here yah Brother hang in there....:)
Vince