deelaz.. reguarding your question, external cab

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Satanic_Versus
Orange Master

Post by Satanic_Versus » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:52 am

first off Welcome to the forum, stick around.

id rather answer you question here on forum rather threw e-mail as here you will get much more information from folks who have experience than me with the current production Orange's

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">hey satanic, did you extend your combo amp
with the cabinet? did it work? iam thinking about buying the 2x12 so that i can extend my orange ad30r combo amp, but iam not sure if the power is sufficient, what do you think satanic? thanks <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

YES, you can use a higher wattage external cab.

you were asking about the AD30R, yeah, you can use a higher wattage cab, a cab with two 30 watt speakers would be great, but im sure it can drive a 120 watt cab just fine. i have a RV50 i use the internal 120 watts of speakers then i use an external 120 cab and it drives it all just fine, at 50 watts im pushing 240 watts worth of speakers.

Ohms is what you want to pay attention to. my RV50 has three outputs, 8,8,16. im not sure what the AD30 has on the back, on mine the internal speakers are connected to the one 16 Ohm output. to use an external 16 Ohm cab you will need to connect your internal speakers to one of the two 8 Ohm outputs and then your 16 Ohm cab into the other 8 Ohm output.

this is how i do it, i hope this is how it should be done?

Jon