Hello from Germany

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

OrangeJuicer
Orange Hero

Post by OrangeJuicer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi !

I am new here and just want to introduce myself to the Orange-Community:

My name is Markus, 33 years old, from Germany.
Last time I picked up a guitar was with 17 years and I started again with the age of 30 :)
I play (or try to play) mainly Blues and a bit of ACDC or stuff like that. At the moment I got no band so I jam along with my notebook :oops:

I am an Organge-User since a few weeks.
I bought a Orange Rocker Combo. Approx 4 years old. The amp was used as a main stage-amp by the previous owner and it looks quite like this. A tiny scratch her, a bit dirt there...i love this road-used look. Got its own lovely charm...

From the technical point of view the amp was in quite a good shape.
I just swapped all the tubes to 3 x Tung Sol 12AX7 in the preamp section and 2 Svetlana EL34 "Winged C" powertubes. It really sounds amazing. At the moment I use it with a Tung Sol 12AX7 in V1 Position and in V2 and V3 I use Electro Harmonix 12AX7. A bit moore beefy in the dirty channel.

I am planning to get a AD5 as a practice amp.

My gear is besides the Orange Rocker 30 a '94 Feder American 40th Anniversary Stratocaster, a Fender '52 American Vintage Reissue Telecaster (helluva guitar...got balls), a Fulltone OCD, standard CryBaby, Boss TU-2. This is what I use mainly. I also have a Ibanez AD-9 Delay, Ibaney CS-9 Chorus, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Microamp, but I am planning to downsize my gear (I think the Microamp and the Chorus will be off to Ebay...maybe the Comp also)

The Orange Forum is really kewl ! It helped me a lot before I bought the Orange and the atmosphere is relly easy (not so crappy like other Forums)...

8)

Cheers
Markus
"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 pm

Welcome to the forum! Good to hear you're enjoying your Rocker...

blacklight_uk
Orange Master

Post by blacklight_uk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Hey Markus welcome! Wie geht's?

You're right, this forum is an awesome place. Full of friendly and knowledgeable people who are happy to answer your questions. I don't know about knowledgeable, but i'm certainly friendly and would be happy to help you in any way i can should you ever need it :)

Glad you're liking the Rocker 30. I agree that the "road-used" look has more charm to it. I'm currently on the watch for a Rockerverb 50 combo and would also like an AD5 as a practice amp :D
Josh

OrangeJuicer
Orange Hero

Post by OrangeJuicer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Danke, mir geht's gut.

Wow..what a nice welcome !

I also got my first question at the technical subforum.

And...road-uses look is so f*****' great. The amp had seen many stages, he experienced a lot and he shows it on the outside.
I dont understand people who pay a lot o money for relicing a guitar...
Buyin' a road-used amp for a less money is the smarter way :-))
"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Phate
Rocker

Post by Phate » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Hey man!

Great to see another german here! :)

Hope you enjoy this great forum and all those great people around!
Ole

ImageImage

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 pm

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!