Had Brian Kahanek up from LA this weekend..

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 pm

He brought up a bunch of cool toys. We had a big jam in a big studio and used alot of new pedals..

1- Love pedal COT 50....very cool for pushing a amp a little harder with out changing the tone at all..gives a nice sweet zip to the sound. I really liked it on singles but not humbuckers..kinda farted out a little on the bass strings with the humbuckers.
2- BBE green screamer...I wound up keeping this one..very cool tubescreamer type pedal, but with way more gain and sizzle..I loved it with humbuckers and my amp with a slight crunch setting. Lots of punch and very transparent with a smooth mid spike in the EQ.
3- Boosta Grande.... great open boost with really no change in the EQ of the amp..loved the single coils alot. made the old fender sing..
3- G2D Creamtone, brian loved it so much he bought it..He said it kills about evry pedal he has..and he has about 250 pedals.
4- Fender custom shop heavy relic 69 strat..This was about the best feeling & sounding strat I have played in along long time..the fat 50's sound great and they are very quiet even under heavy OD..I liked it so much I went online and bought a surf green one.

It was a great weekend of fun & play...corky

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:59 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by corky newman</i>
<br />He brought up a bunch of cool toys. We had a big jam in a big studio and used alot of new pedals..

1- Love pedal COT 50....very cool for pushing a amp a little harder with out changing the tone at all..gives a nice sweet zip to the sound. I really liked it on singles but not humbuckers..kinda farted out a little on the bass strings with the humbuckers.
2- BBE green screamer...I wound up keeping this one..very cool tubescreamer type pedal, but with way more gain and sizzle..I loved it with humbuckers and my amp with a slight crunch setting. Lots of punch and very transparent with a smooth mid spike in the EQ.
3- Boosta Grande.... great open boost with really no change in the EQ of the amp..loved the single coils alot. made the old fender sing..
250 3- G2D Creamtone, brian loved it so much he bought it..He said it kills about evry pedal he has..and he has about pedals.
4- Fender custom shop heavy relic 69 strat..This was about the best feeling & sounding strat I have played in along long time..the fat 50's sound great and
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sounds like some real fun Corky.The Creamtone and the T rex Replica are still my two main pedals.I am looking at the VVT Fralin signature amp once again. I can't get over the Fender tone with a 15" speaker.The 15 kills!
Paint it blue 4 soul.

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Here is the 69 relic I bought...I get it this weekend, I will do a review later next week...I hope its as good as Brians was..

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by corky newman</i>
<br />Here is the 69 relic I bought...I get it this weekend, I will do a review later next week...I hope its as good as Brians was..

I'm in love with that guitar...

pedro
Orange Expert

Post by pedro » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:30 pm

Corky, are you guys still building the CCG guitars?

dirtythief
Orange Hero

Post by dirtythief » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:40 pm

i really like the Boosta Grande.
it was like adding another channel to my R30.
soundsa greate.
Dirty Dude Done Dirt Cheap
Jesse

d.vid
Tiny Terror

Post by d.vid » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 pm

<br />Here is the 69 relic I bought...I get it this weekend, I will do a review later next week...I hope its as good as Brians was..

Beauuuuutiful!
-David

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:25 am

That looks like a nice strat.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:42 am

I'm loving the those heavy relic guitars. Andy's sunburst strat and someone else's posting of some really heavily relic'd strat makes me want one.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:29 am

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Pedro..CCG is dead, sorry. Mars guitars bought it.

My new surf green relic is very heavy beat up, the pic dony show it well but its a heavy relic69..very beat..
I played the sunburst one last sat. night..fell in love with it..and the fat 50's sound unreal, and not very much buzz at all...