OR120 PA head

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

mauldeen

Post by mauldeen » Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:35 pm

Hello:

I have an Orange PA head (OR120; serial: 13881) and I was wondering if anyone could appraise its value for me. Thank you.

Kit

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:49 pm

They're not super rare- they do turn up from time to time. Basically, I think I'd do a search of dealers that sell used Oranges- and get an idea from what a similar era OR120 head goes for- the PA head would be probably around the same price more or less. If I recall correctly (and anything I think these days is suspect...) the PA and guitar heads were basically the same amp but with more inputs for the PA. No one of course, is going to use one as a PA head these days- they'd use it for guitar or bass I suppose...

I'm not sure whether it'd be worth more or less than an OR120 guitar head... Billy

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:55 pm

Actually, Plexi Palace has a sold OR120 head that went for $1260 I think. Here's the link:

http://vintageamps.com/orange/orange.html

Billy

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:08 am

the picture in that link is actually my head. i bought it from them last year. here are more pictures of it if anyone wants to see them: www.geocities.com/ecto_coolest/page4.html

they got a shipment of several vintage orange heads from london last year and that was the add for them...they haven't updated the site in a while. they used a picture of my head for the ad, but i had already boughten the amp before the ad was even posted. i didn't pay $1260 for it though...

a plexi palace head would be worth more than just some guy selling his amp because they go through the amp and service it, making sure nothing is worn out or getting worn out. no scratchy pots, no wondering about reliability...that is worth a little something extra.
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)