AMP NO SOUND

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Tue May 23, 2006 6:06 pm

my amp MODEL NUMBER IS OR120 think early 1970 vintage amp but it only works in the reverb send and return socket. Which means no volum. i was just wondering if anybody can help with this problem as i dont know what to do or how to fix it? also can i ask what causes this problem.

THANKS

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Tue May 23, 2006 6:37 pm

MODEL NUMBER IS OR120 think early 1970 vintage amp

acorkos
Orange Master

Post by acorkos » Tue May 23, 2006 7:53 pm

if you plug your guitar into the return jack and get sound, it means your power amp is probably OK...you likely have a problem in the preamp...did you try new preamp tubes? i'd do that first before doing anything else.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue May 23, 2006 8:03 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tracy</i>
<br />my amp MODEL NUMBER IS OR120 think early 1970 vintage amp but it only works in the reverb send and return socket. Which means no volum. i was just wondering if anybody can help with this problem as i dont know what to do or how to fix it? also can i ask what causes this problem.

THANKS

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Bring it to an amp repair place- a good reputable tech. An amp that old is going to need some attention that you probably can't give- like replacing filter caps, resistors, etc. not to mention retubing...

It's not a do-it-yourself job- it really needs to be done right and you never know if incorrect modifications have been done....

Billy

Tracy

Post by Tracy » Tue May 23, 2006 11:54 pm

thanks. ill pop it in and let you all know what is said