orange cabinet

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

adamw

Post by adamw » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:26 am

my name is adam. does anybody know how old my cabinet is? the serial number is 1610.

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:07 am

first step is identifying which brand of speakers you have. the next step is dating those speakers. the last step is reporting back to us what year it is :).

serial numbers mean nothing on all but the newest orange amps and cabs.

1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:06 pm

also, what kind of handles does it have on the side? If it has cutouts only in the side then it's an early 70's- but Orange went to metal side handles during the mid-70's I think and now they have plastic handles.

Also, if you are really feeling adventurous, unscrew the back from the cabinet and if it has Celestion speakers, you can date the speaker by the written code on the speaker. Write everything down that's written on the metal frame of the speaker and I can look it up. I have a Marshall book that has Celestion date codes but I don't have date codes for Emminence or other speakers.

Most Oranges can be better dated with cosmetics than serial numbers- I'm not sure why Orange bothered to create this particular forum since the information is spotty at best... and it's been a long time since we've seen an actual Orange person reply to anything. Jason- you still out there?

Billy

Edited by - bclaire on 17 Jan 2004 20:07:28