Rocker 30 sn

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Rocker 30 sn

Post by kpunk56 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:15 pm

My Sn number on my rocker 30 is 05112-0408 I am guessing April of 2008 , would that be correct.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Rocker 30 sn

Post by a.hun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Yep!

A fine vintage too, though the very best period was September '06. :lol:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

kpunk56
Orange Hero

Post by kpunk56 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 pm

a.hun wrote:Yep!

Andy.
Ha ha , yeh sorry, I didnt realise that the Serial numbers section was seated in the vintage area until after I posted my inquiry,.... But hell time is moving fast. 2008 been a long time already lol.

Curious in case you know Andy, were any changes done to the Rocker 30's from 2004 to 2008. Or did they remain the same pretty much ??

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:55 pm

kpunk56 wrote:
a.hun wrote:Yep!

Andy.
Ha ha , yeh sorry, I didnt realise that the Serial numbers section was seated in the vintage area until after I posted my inquiry,.... But hell time is moving fast. 2008 been a long time already lol.

Curious in case you know Andy, were any changes done to the Rocker 30's from 2004 to 2008. Or did they remain the same pretty much ??
Pretty much the same. Only changes I know of were the transformers. They were changed round the end of 2005 from the originals to upgraded Demeters, and for a short period in US built ones, Mercury Magnetics. The MM ones are obvious with their orange coloured covers.

The Demeters were apparently designed to sound as close as possible to the MMs.
Several posts from Orange Ade on transformers.
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?t=6826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Valves used stock have changed too of course, but that's pretty normal. Oh and the grille badges on combos got bigger at some point. Other than that there were no changes I know of during the whole R.30 production period.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!