1968 Orange 4x12 cab...

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

aj1

1968 Orange 4x12 cab...

Post by aj1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:33 am

Have a very low serial numbered cab. Don't know how to value it due to its roughness. Someone replaced the grill-cloth and painted the front black. I have the orig grill cloth and know that the orange tolex can be restored.Some speakers replaced back in the 70s w/ 20watt grnback Celestions (need to open back to check). All the hardware,castors,everything orig. Any info on how to priced it?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: 1968 Orange 4x12 cab...

Post by bclaire » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:55 am

aj1 wrote:Have a very low serial numbered cab. Don't know how to value it due to its roughness. Someone replaced the grill-cloth and painted the front black. I have the orig grill cloth and know that the orange tolex can be restored.Some speakers replaced back in the 70s w/ 20watt grnback Celestions (need to open back to check). All the hardware,castors,everything orig. Any info on how to priced it?
Very hard to say... especially without pictures.

So much has been changed. Get the date codes off of the Celestions and see if they may be original to the cabs. Oranges never came with castors so those aren't original. If the original tolex can be salvaged and isn't too bad and the grille cloth can be restored you might have something, but depending on the condition, I doubt it would be worth much more than any used 4X12 Orange cab....

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Re: 1968 Orange 4x12 cab...

Post by Gladmarr » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Agreed. You'd have to restore it to original specs and appearance for it to be worth much if anything.