Modern serial number confusion...

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

Arty

Modern serial number confusion...

Post by Arty » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi all, apologies if this has been answered before...

I am trying to clarify if the last four digits on modern Orange's are month/year or year/month. Ive seen info to suggest that BOTH are correct! My Thunderverb is 12 07 but there is no way its only 2yrs old so it must be Dec 07. I have also seen other Tverbs that are 03 09 for example, which has to be 2009 because Tverbs werent made in 2003. However, I have been told catagorically by a guy in a shop and also read on here that it is year/month!? ...can someone clarify?

:)

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Modern serial number confusion...

Post by Randy Bass » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:57 pm

It has changed over the years from what I have observed. I think the last two digits are the year currently.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Modern serial number confusion...

Post by a.hun » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:26 am

Arty wrote:Hi all, apologies if this has been answered before...

I am trying to clarify if the last four digits on modern Orange's are month/year or year/month. Ive seen info to suggest that BOTH are correct! My Thunderverb is 12 07 but there is no way its only 2yrs old so it must be Dec 07. I have also seen other Tverbs that are 03 09 for example, which has to be 2009 because Tverbs werent made in 2003. However, I have been told catagorically by a guy in a shop and also read on here that it is year/month!? ...can someone clarify?

:)
Month, Year, MM YY. The English way of doing it for a English amp company. Certainly since about 2003 anyway. :wink:
Jason Green (former admin person in 2004) (http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1266&start=45 wrote:The last four digits of the AD series serial numbers tell you the month and year it was made. For example 1564-06-03 was built during June 2003 (O6-03).

Jason

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!