New member- AD30HTC info

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

astrozombie76

New member- AD30HTC info

Post by astrozombie76 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 am

Hello-
First things, Hello to all! Very excited to own an Orange and learn from you folks!

I am looking at an Orange AD30HTC (although is reads just AD30 on the front). The serial numbers read 30HTC-77-401. I am trying to get an age on this particular head. Is there a resource that I should use here or does anyone know the the answer?

Thanks

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: New member- AD30HTC info

Post by a.hun » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi there and welcome.

Not going to be able to get you an exact date on that I'm afraid. The serial number doesn't follow the current layout described here...
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

...so I'd suspect it is a fairly early one. But off the top of my head I'm not sure exactly when the TC first came out.

Sorry, not much help. :(

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Sooner
Orange Master

Re: New member- AD30HTC info

Post by Sooner » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Your serial number suggests an April 2001 date based on comments made by Jason Green, former President of Orange USA:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... +301#p6625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That serial number format appears to have been used when the amps were manufacured at the Trace Elliot plant. There should be a Trace inspection sticker on the inside with an exact date.
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001