How do I find out how much my orange is worth?

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

JamesV

How do I find out how much my orange is worth?

Post by JamesV » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Hey

I have a original orange combo overdrive series two. I belivev it's from the 70s. I wonder can anyone tell me how to find out how much it is worth?

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: How do I find out how much my orange is worth?

Post by Randy Bass » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

The definitive way to find out what it's worth is to try to sell it on eBay. If you don't want to sell it, you would have to try to compare it to completed listings of other similar amps or look for others for sale (if you can find any).

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:04 am

Hi JamesV. Welcome! :D

+1 to that, not that you'll find many listings as there weren't many series two amps made at all. Don't know quite how few / many but they were only made in '78 - '79 just before Orange basically shut up shop for a good while 'till the early - mid '90s.

If you find someone who really wants to buy it it'll be worth exactly what they are willing to pay for it...

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:33 pm

It also boils down to where you are geographically. Go to ebay and search for one- it may take a while- but the series two don't show up often. I would expect one to go for close to the same amount as a OR80 or 120 but probably a little less if that's any help....