AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Any ideas?

It says this on the back:

AD-30TC (not HTC)

but on the sticker it says AD30HTC.

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange
Posts: 10149
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 am

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 pm

I have no idea what you are asking.
_________________
Image

jontheid
Orange Expert
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:05 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by jontheid » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 pm

One is a head and the other one is a combo amp, it should be easy to tell which you have . . .

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:26 am

Sorry, I thought if I posted a serial number in the serial number forum people would be able to tell me more about the amp.

It's a head, obv. But it doesn't say HTC on the amp (the back above th speaker jacks) it says TC (i.e. AD 30 TC).

So, to be as clear as possible, based on the description and the serial number, can anyone tell me when the amp was made and a bit more about it (e.g. where it was assembled).

Thanks!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange
Posts: 10149
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:44 am

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Randy Bass » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:27 pm

It sounds like it was made in 2002 based on the serial number, and it would have been made somewhere in the UK.
_________________
Image

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:44 pm

hmm...

Did they used to say TC, instead of HTC in 2002?

Anyone know?

Here's some pics:

Image
Image
Image

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Sooner » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:41 pm

the riot tapes wrote:hmm...

Did they used to say TC, instead of HTC in 2002?

Anyone know?
It appears at least one did... :)

If you get a chance pull the chassis out and have a look inside. There's probably an inspection sticker inside with a date and it might indicate where it was made. Sometime around 2002 they moved production from the Trace Elliot factory to an unspecified "independent firm" in the UK:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... liot#p6674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It appears that there was also a change in serial number formats about that time from mmyy to mm-yy. Would be interesting to see if yours can help identify exactly who the "independent firm" is.
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Sooner wrote:
the riot tapes wrote:hmm...

Did they used to say TC, instead of HTC in 2002?

Anyone know?
It appears at least one did... :)

If you get a chance pull the chassis out and have a look inside. There's probably an inspection sticker inside with a date and it might indicate where it was made. Sometime around 2002 they moved production from the Trace Elliot factory to an unspecified "independent firm" in the UK:
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... liot#p6674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It appears that there was also a change in serial number formats about that time from mmyy to mm-yy. Would be interesting to see if yours can help identify exactly who the "independent firm" is.
owNow do I do that? What screws need to be removed?

I'll do it today if it's easy. ;)

thanks for the info!

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Sooner » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:00 pm

the riot tapes wrote: owNow do I do that? What screws need to be removed?

I'll do it today if it's easy. ;)

thanks for the info!
I believe you just have to remove the srcews that hold the feet on. Be carefull though and don't touch anything inside. There's high voltage in there even when unplugged!
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Sooner wrote:
the riot tapes wrote: owNow do I do that? What screws need to be removed?

I'll do it today if it's easy. ;)

thanks for the info!
I believe you just have to remove the srcews that hold the feet on. Be carefull though and don't touch anything inside. There's high voltage in there even when unplugged!
Is it always present? It's not been turned on for a few days I'd say.

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Sooner » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:11 pm

the riot tapes wrote:
Is it always present? It's not been turned on for a few days I'd say.
The safe bet is yes, it's still there. Beware!
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Sooner wrote:
the riot tapes wrote:
Is it always present? It's not been turned on for a few days I'd say.
The safe bet is yes, it's still there. Beware!
well pile of poop.

I ain't killing myself to find out.

How do the pros fix these kind of amps then? Without dying left and right.

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Sooner » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:20 pm

the riot tapes wrote: well ****.

I ain't killing myself to find out.

How do the pros fix these kind of amps then? Without dying left and right.
The capacitors can be discharged if you know what you're doing. It's safe to pull the chassis and have a look as long as you don't go poking around inside...
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

the riot tapes
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by the riot tapes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Sooner wrote:
the riot tapes wrote: well ****.

I ain't killing myself to find out.

How do the pros fix these kind of amps then? Without dying left and right.
The capacitors can be discharged if you know what you're doing. It's safe to pull the chassis and have a look as long as you don't go poking around inside...
so nothing on the top, the tube side, can kill me?

I can see the tested sticker but can't read the numbers (I tried to take a picture of it about 20 times) by just removing the back grill.

If I unscrew the feet it should just slide out?

Ok.. I'll try it!

Sooner
Orange Master
Posts: 1193
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Location: USA-land

Re: AD30HTC - 1076 - 9 - 02

Post by Sooner » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:48 pm

the riot tapes wrote: so nothing on the top, the tube side, can kill me?


No, they'll just burn you...
the riot tapes wrote:
If I unscrew the feet it should just slide out?
I think so.
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests