OR120, what age?

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

Post Reply
mikel
Tiny Terror
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Sweden

OR120, what age?

Post by mikel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 am

Just swapped my Rocker 30 for a OR120. He said it´s a early 70´s, but I would like to know more exact year. Serialnumber 60734. I´ve got some pictures here to:

Image
Image

bclaire
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17810
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 9:19 pm
Location: Outside Boston MA, USA
Contact:

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by bclaire » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 am

http://users.telenet.be/orangefg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go here- scroll down to the bottom left and check dates. You need the serial number from the amp itself not the wood cabinet...

mikel
Tiny Terror
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by mikel » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 pm

OK, I didn´t notice that it was differnt serialnumbers. Thanks.

Orphin
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6626
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:04 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Orphin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:34 pm

OMI Oranges aren't my best territory, but I would think that it isn't "early" 70's. Orange started their production in '72 with the pics only. My guess would be mid to late 70's.
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

mikel
Tiny Terror
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by mikel » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm

I think it´s from 1975.

Orphin
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6626
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:04 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Orphin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 am

By the way Mikael. Is that the Jetpak truck leaving you in the window right after they dropped the amp off? :lol:
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

mikel
Tiny Terror
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:43 am
Location: Sweden

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by mikel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Orphin wrote:By the way Mikael. Is that the Jetpak truck leaving you in the window right after they dropped the amp off? :lol:
Now when I look at it, it´s a great picture. :D

Reginald
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Reginald » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

mikel wrote:Just swapped my Rocker 30 for a OR120. He said it´s a early 70´s, but I would like to know more exact year. Serialnumber 60734. I´ve got some pictures here to:

Image
Image

serial n° on your head look 12585

Reginald
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Reginald » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Orphin wrote:OMI Oranges aren't my best territory, but I would think that it isn't "early" 70's. Orange started their production in '72 with the pics only. My guess would be mid to late 70's.

I know the early 'graphic' amps (or OR models) started at the end of sixties....for me,that amp is beetwen '68 and '71.

Hey,Mikel,can u open the chassis and show us the circuit board,trannyies,etc.?

Reginald
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Reginald » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Reginald wrote:
Orphin wrote:OMI Oranges aren't my best territory, but I would think that it isn't "early" 70's. Orange started their production in '72 with the pics only. My guess would be mid to late 70's.

I know the early 'graphic' amps (or OR models) started at the end of sixties....for me,that amp is beetwen '68 and '71.

Hey,Mikel,can u open the chassis and show us the circuit board,trannyies,etc.?

Sorry,I'm wrong....I see now,that's not a 'graphic' orange amp.

Orphin
Duke of Orange
Posts: 6626
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:04 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Orphin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 am

And even if it was a Graphic (pics only) Orange it couldn't still be earlier than '72. The earlier amps you're thinking of are Orange Matamps (Cooper Mathias Ltd.). They started production in '69. The '68 amps were 10 prototypes for Fleetwood Mac. Orange Matamps were built until 1975. Longer than most people are aware about.
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Reginald
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Reginald » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:34 am

wow,thanx,I didn't know this...so,the early Oranges were called/labelled MATAMP..
do u nknow if exist Matamp archives site on Web,in order to see their circuit board?

Reginald
New Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by Reginald » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 am

Well,I found 'harmony central 1.0 legacy forum'

a.hun
Duke of Orange
Posts: 9764
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:05 am
Location: Amsterdam, Hollandland.nl

Re: OR120, what age?

Post by a.hun » Sat May 01, 2010 7:54 am

mikel wrote:I think it´s from 1975.
I think so too, if the serial number is in the 12,000s anyway...

http://users.telenet.be/orangefg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
--> dating Oranges near the bottom of the left menu.


Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest