1972 Orange 4x12 - real or fake?

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

dom?n

1972 Orange 4x12 - real or fake?

Post by dom?n » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:37 pm

hi guys.

here in Poland there's a guy importing some guitar stuff from UK, he put on sale a nice Orange 4x12 recently. according to him, it's a 1972 model, loaded with Celestions G12T-75s. that's all he wrote in the item's description, unfortunately. and i'm kinda sure that's all he knows about it...

anyway - i just dunno is that really a 70's cab. i don't think that G12T-75s were made these days, but i could be wrong(?). on second thoughts, it could be a 90's RI model, the same as was mentioned in this topic: http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?t=30090

here you go with the pics. of course, life would be too easy if there were pics of the jack sockets or a photo of the speakers itselves. also, don't mention the serial number... ;)

Image Image Image Image

is 450EUR/400GB a considerable price for such cab?

thanks for any help :) have a nice day!

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:21 pm

once again i would say its a 90s reissue...still a good cab...but the price is a little bit to high even for a orange cab...you can get a marshall with the same speakers for 300Euros...so 100Euros plus for the orange vinyl seems a little bit to high for me...but if i would have the 450Euros i would buy it!...

i changed the G12T75 in my Orange Combo after 6 months, they are good speakers...but i had to chance to buy 2 EV12L vor 300Euros...so i pu them in...

dom?n

Post by dom?n » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm

actually i own a Marshall with these speakers ;) and i really like them, they sit just right under a Sunn Model T that i use now. i won't ged rid of the Marshall, but just thought it would be a slight improvement to my rig, i love the Orange cabs form the first day i've played them. but on the second hand i just don't like the V30's ;)

how much would it cost to get a cab like this one? don't mind the time needed for hunting one for sale.

(another nice thing is that the cab is here in Poland, so i don't need to bother bout shipping from UK).

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:03 pm

I don't think Orange used those handles in 1972..
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.