1974 Orange OR120

Maybe someone can help you date your Orange Amplifier?

Moderator: bclaire

mmacaluso

Post by mmacaluso » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:23 am

Serial Number: 10346. I am the original owner. Defects: handle removed, tube cover removed and main tube replaced 30 years ago with Sylvania vs. Mullard. I have a good, old friend who wants it, what do you think is a fair value? [email protected] for photos. - Marc

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:53 am

My advice is to find one of two on ebay and follow the auction to the end. also do some other searches and see what they're going for. We can't give you a value on here and we don't know where you live so that makes it tough.

One thing is though, your amp is definitely going to need work. New tubes, caps probably, at the very least a good thorough going-through by a tech.

mmacaluso

Post by mmacaluso » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have been on eBay for a couple weeks and have an idea, but many of these models are 2 - 10 years old and are 30 and 50-watt models. I believe mine is 120 and 35 years old, which may have the potential to more valuable to some, maybe not to others, albeit has defects and needs work. I am in the South Shore area just outside Chicago. I'm thinking I should drag my sorry butt into town and bring it to a couple music shops to get it looked at. I don't have a photo hosting site, so if you would like a picture, please send me an e-mail @ [email protected] Thanks again.