an odd pair of 4x12s..

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

theboywithorangehair

Post by theboywithorangehair » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:34 pm

hi, i have recently bought an orange 4x12 from some bloke who re-covered the beautiful atire in the colour of death, black. grr. well i was just wondering whether anyone could tell me what kinda year it was made. the handles are black metal with the metal silver "poles", the speakers are celestion g12h30s[eventho one doesnt work:(]the inside is black, and it has only one speaker socket at the bottom of the cab rather than the 2 "daisy chain" sockets.and does anyone know the power rating? okay, and my other cab is beautiful, but seems to be made in a different year. it has the black plastic orange logo handles, and the 2"daisy chain" sockets on the back,it says that the power rating is 240w, and it has wheels. it seems to be constructed better than my "black" orange cab, and the inside is wood rather than black. the speakers are vintage g12h30s and seem to be different from my other cab. they are such an odd couple and i wish they were the same:( please help me with my questions!( sorry there are alot) and could someone also gimme a link to sites which have orange spares and what nots please?

thanks, paul

Edbig
Tiny Terror

Post by Edbig » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:38 am

the one with chrome handles is mid 70's and the other is a current production model. Vintage 30's are 60 watts a piece. That's where the 240 watt rating comes from.
If the speakers in the older cab are original the cab should handle 120 watts.