AD30HTC problems

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Ness

Post by Ness » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:33 pm

Just got a AD30TC Head today, with an Orange 2x12 cab, is great.

Only, it died about an hour after getting home, I was playing and it just quit. What are the most common problems I should check?

theschickster
Tiny Terror

Post by theschickster » Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:28 am

Tubes would the first thing to check. Of course make sure its the amp and not the cabinet or the guitar. Cords are good to check to. Cord to amp Cord to speaker AC cord from amp. If nothing seems to work. Take it back for exchange. If you just got it the waranty is stiil good. Tubes are included in the waranty i believe.

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:55 pm

Are you getting any power? Are the tubes lighting up but no sound? More info please...

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Tue May 13, 2003 5:49 pm

My amp tech advised me to open up my amp and re-solder the connections where they use those nasty little spade connectors. If you move your gear around a lot, they may come loose and cause some major malfunction. I don't know why Orange, with such a wonderful reputation for quality would choose to use such things to connect components. It's easier to hook things up, obviously, but I prefer point -to-point connections myself.

orangewhat
Tiny Terror

Post by orangewhat » Fri May 16, 2003 1:29 am

fuses????????????do have a power conditioner?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri May 16, 2003 1:57 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Just got a AD30TC Head today, with an Orange 2x12 cab, is great.

Only, it died about an hour after getting home, I was playing and it just quit. What are the most common problems I should check?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Is it new? If so, have the dealer deal with it. You'll void the warranty if you mess with it.

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Mon May 19, 2003 12:23 am

Of course.....why didn't I think of that. Take it back to the dealer....sheesh!!