Rockerverb 100 mk1 Mains fuse

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

whiterabbit13

Rockerverb 100 mk1 Mains fuse

Post by whiterabbit13 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:44 pm

My amp has been sitting unused for about a year. It was unplugged, covered, and in a climate controlled room. I went to power it up last night and the mains fuse blew within less than a second. Any ideas why? Furthermore does anyone know the Mercury Magnetics part number for the replacement power transformer in case that is the issue?

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Re: Rockerverb 100 mk1 Mains fuse

Post by Bentfinger » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:48 pm

It is probably a power tube. Since it has been idle for months. 1st- unplug amp, turn on the standby, power switches for at least an hour. Then remove all tubes noting which tube goes where. remember the amp stores enough amperage to kill you dead!! Never put both hands on the amp chassis at the same time. Read a book about amp maintenance. Taking care of equipment is just as much of being a musician as shredding. Try Gerald Webers book and dvd's. good stuff! Look for corrosion, green stuff, and whatever else in the tube sockets and tube pins. Use deoxit or a good contact cleaner on both. put the tubes in carefully holding by the base and work in and out of the socket until clean. . let dry a long time, wipe off excess cleaner and maybe use a can of that computer air spray. re insert tubes, let amp warm up, if the fuse blows again, take to amp tech or change power and phase inverter tubes. If plays then, take to tech for inspection and bias. These are my thoughts although I understand them, if you do not. Do not do this and take to shop. Not responsible disclaimer.
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"