Rocker 32 combo volume issues

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

rickyms540

Rocker 32 combo volume issues

Post by rickyms540 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm

I bought my Rocker 32 about 4 months ago and it's had an issue since the start that's only gotten worse. When I turn the volume knob, it makes a lot of loud static noises. Then I'll be playing, and the volume will fluctuate between loud and quiet. I've already tried replacing all my cables. That didn't work. I tested each pedal individually so it's not a pedalboard issue. It mostly happens on the clean channel, on half power, but sometimes persists on full and on the dirty channel. At first, the problem would go away when it warmed up. But now it's constant. 4 months is a short period for tubes to be going bad, so I think if nothing else, my warranty should be honored on this one.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Rocker 32 combo volume issues

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Still could be valve related, as they can fail at any time.

Your valves are only under warranty for 3 months, but I would still bring it back to the dealer.

Worst case scenario, you end up paying for a set if EL84 and your amp is fixed. It's a shame you didn't bring it back straight away, but I understand it's an absolute pain to get a brand spanking new amp and have to send it back.

Warranty - they're there for a reason, use it! :)
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute