Taming Feedback: AD30HTC w/ OD Pedal

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

DrGnosis

Taming Feedback: AD30HTC w/ OD Pedal

Post by DrGnosis » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Greetings...

I have an Orange AD30HTC that I run on the second channel with the gain at the point of breakup pushed by a Fulltone OCD. The gain on the AD30HTC just isn't quite enough, hence the OCD. The problem I am running into is feedback issues. Before you say "turn down the gain", I really like this level of gain -- just slightly more than what the AD30HTC has on tap alone.

I thought about getting another amp, but I really love the bark of the Orange and would hate to part with it, so I ordered a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor. My question is the best way to integrate the NS-2 to specifically address feedback.

My pedalboard is currently: Tuner -> OCD -> LPB-1 (solo boost) -> AD30HTC. I've seen people simply run an NS-2 at the end of their chain, but I've also heard of people running the NS-2 with the overdrive pedal in the loop of the NS-2.

Any advice anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Taming Feedback: AD30HTC w/ OD Pedal

Post by Jondog » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Do all your guitars do this

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Sounds like you need new tubes. You should be able to get what you want with both channels without feedback.

SexingtonVonHercules

Post by SexingtonVonHercules » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 am

I know what you're going through as I face this too. I play a lot of doom/stoner and run heaps of fuzz through my AD30HTC 2nd channel and have to deal with the excess noise. Unfortunately, when using this much distortion, noise comes with the territory and noise suppression is the obvious quick fix. Running your OCD in the loop of the NS2 will remedy this. I just got used to turning my volume down when not playing, or stomping a pedal off.