Rocker 32 Dirty Channel Volume Issue

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Tucks McYavini

Rocker 32 Dirty Channel Volume Issue

Post by Tucks McYavini » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:55 am

I recently purchased an Orange Rocker 32 Tube amp and I almost exclusively use the clean channel with my board, however I've noticed that whenever I try to use the dirty channel there is almost no volume and I have to turn the volume all the up to get even a moderate amount of sound from it, which I feel is irregular considering the volumes it can reach on the clean channel, is this user error in some way or is my amp the issue?

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Rocker 32 Dirty Channel Volume Issue

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:17 pm

I'd suspect V2 (dirty channel only) or possibly nut less likely V1 (shared between clean and dirty channel) is the issue.

Preamp valves such as the ECC83/ 12AX7 have 2 triodes, each providing 1 gain stage. V1 provides 1 gain stage to the clean channel, and 1 for the dirty channel. V2 has the 2 remaining gain stages for the dirty channel.

Whilst it's possible for V1 to have a single faulty triode, it's really rare.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

robbvant

Re: Rocker 32 Dirty Channel Volume Issue

Post by robbvant » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:12 am

i dunno i have my cleans at 9 oclock, dirty is always up around 1 oclock. And the volumes work well together. Mines a th30 but maybe you gotta turn up that volume on the dirty channel, these amps with el84s dont sound good without the volume up half way. ifs thats too loud put it into half power mode.