35 LDX amp no sound

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

sparky7083

35 LDX amp no sound

Post by sparky7083 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:33 pm

hello guys

I'm new to all these forums so please be gentle with me... I have recently bought a second hand Orange crush 35LDX amp.... It was a massive step up from my 10 watt unbranded amp.... the amp is very clean with no wear marks at all....the other day whislt practicing ( at low volume)the amp stopped working... The red light comes on and the built in tuner still works ...But NO SOUND at all...not even a crackle when guitar lead is un plugged...Does anyone have any ideas...I am no stranger to the soldering iron as I'm a radio ham operator an would like to try and fix this problem..Does anyone have a schmatic for this amp or any advice...

thanks in advance

Daz ( the very very quite guitar player)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: 35 LDX amp no sound

Post by bclaire » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Welcome to the forum - sorry it's for this reason!

I'd try another speaker first with some jumper wires to rule that out.

I haven't seen a schematic for it so it will be hunt and peck I think to look for something wrong - like I said though, rule out the simplest stuff first: guitar cable, speaker, then look for loose or disconnected wire to jacks, etc.

sparky7083

Post by sparky7083 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 am

thankyou for your reply

I have tried another speaker, but searching on the internet I have found other people with same problem. It seem s to be a fault on the pre amp circuit...I'm in the process of make a signal tracer as I cant find any schmatics for this amp...what I do no, is sound is going into amp ( the built in tuner seems to still work)...If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to bombared me with them....my learning curve looks like a vertical line at the moment.

thanks again

Darren

druzilla3

Post by druzilla3 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:16 am

Hi Darren,

Any updates on this? I have the same problem and I finally have some time to get around to addressing it. Any luck with finding a schematic? What did you end up doing?

-Drew