Orange OR100 footswitch LED is opposite when channel switching?

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

scottjpsmith

Orange OR100 footswitch LED is opposite when channel switching?

Post by scottjpsmith » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Hey guys! I just picked up an OR100 and its unbelievable. 100% my dream amp. Only one thing I'm not sure about.

Unless I'm incorrect, Orange generally has it setup so the Orange footswitch will be lit up when the clean channel is engaged, and not lit up for the dirty channel.

Mine seems to be the opposite, the footswitch is lit up when the dirty channel is engaged.

The footswitch works as the manual states for the gain boost: "Orange footswitch will be lit up when the boost is not engaged" but it doesn't state how the channel switching should look.

Is there a chance the person I bought the amp from modded it so that the LED is reversed from the normal setup when channel switching or is this normal for the amp?

Thanks for any clarification!

-Scott
Orange Gear: Rockerverb50 MKII, OR50 40th Anniversary, AD30TC, Crush 35RT, Fur Coat Fuzz, 10' Cable

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Orange OR100 footswitch LED is opposite when channel switching?

Post by Jondog » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:51 am

Generally the LED is lit for the dirty channel on the big amps, but theres no rule and I think theres a few Orange models that light up on the clean channel.

scottjpsmith

Re: Orange OR100 footswitch LED is opposite when channel switching?

Post by scottjpsmith » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Huh, interesting that it isn't standard across the board. Good to know. Thanks Jondog!
Orange Gear: Rockerverb50 MKII, OR50 40th Anniversary, AD30TC, Crush 35RT, Fur Coat Fuzz, 10' Cable