Bax Bangeetar Died!!

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Mickeyned

Bax Bangeetar Died!!

Post by Mickeyned » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:44 am

Howdy, first time posting on anything ever but needs must....
So my lovely Bax Bangeetar no longer works. It still seems to light up when powered either by battery or Iso-Brick, but emits staccato farty snippets of sound when in bypass and nowt when the pedal is engaged.
Questions are...
1- Do Orange UK have a specific repair shop recommendation or will any competent amp tech do?
2- Assuming I was smart enough to do the extended warranty, how do I go about repairing it through said warranty? (there's no information that I can see on the website other than to contact the dealer you bought it from, Andertons in this case)
3- Possibly I am just a complete dumbass but I cant see how to find out if I have registered for the extra years warranty. Emailed Orange this morning so hopefully that'll be one question answered!
Hoping it's repairable. The fact it still lights up I'm taking as a good sign.
Cheers,
Michael.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Bax Bangeetar Died!!

Post by Jondog » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

Pretty sure you just take it to the authorized Orange dealer for warranty work. Andertons in your case.

Mickeyned

Post by Mickeyned » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks for the reply,
the most helpful folk at Orange HQ are checking if it's covered (same day reply, impressive!)so time will tell. Baffled as to why it suddenly died though. It's built like a brick and theres no quality issues with them at all as far as I can make out.

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm

It most likely can be fixed at little cost though.

Diagnosing the issue is the hard part, after, resoldering the failed solder joint or replacing the defectice part is pretty easy.

My bet is on an issue in the buffer circuit. If the buffer was working fine, you wouod still get the bypass signal.... and i like inexpensive bets!!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Gladmarr
Orange Master

Post by Gladmarr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 am

If it’s true bypass, it sounds like the bypass switch is messed up. If it’s not true bypass, then I’d agree it’s probably the buffer board.