Rockerverb 50 MKI no sound

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

tycraemer

Rockerverb 50 MKI no sound

Post by tycraemer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:43 pm

Hi, all!

I'm having issues with my amp - first time in the 9 years that I've had it. I had been using my amp one night and everything was perfectly fine. The next day, I turned it on, let it warm up and then turned it on from standby. The light flashed, went out and then the amp went dead. The tubes still light up, and I've checked the fuses. I replaced the Mains fuse and it did not solve the issue. I've check the valve failure fuses and they seem fine. I opened up the head and looked around with a flashlight just to see what I could and I found that the fuse labeled FS1 (a T4AL250V) had a bubble in the filament. I will be replacing it, but I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue or could maybe point me in the right direction for help.

After replacing the mains fuse, I turned on the amp and could hear it turn on - it's getting power, but the LED on the front will not light up. I've tried every simple thing I could (using a different cab, cables, etc.) but nothing has worked. Please, if anyone has had this issue, let me know what you've done to reconcile it!

Thanks!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Rockerverb 50 MKI no sound

Post by bclaire » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:04 am

Weird. My money is still on a tube failure but I think you're at the point where you need to bring it to someone. If tubes light up it just means the heaters work not the rest of the tube FYI.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Are the original tubes still in it?

tycraemer

Post by tycraemer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:13 pm

Jon,

No, I replaced the tubes last year. I put JJ 6V6's in it. The preamp tubes are 4 ECC83's (one balanced for the phase inverter) and 2 ECC81's (FX Loop and Reverb.)