Micro Dark Terror: How to disable preamp?

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

ma2marco

Micro Dark Terror: How to disable preamp?

Post by ma2marco » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello, I'm new to Orange Amps and to this forum. Sorry if this question was already answered but I didn't found an appropriate answer.

I have a Micro Dark Terror and I'm trying to use it as a clean power amp only. I'm connecting my guitar to my pedalboard and it to the FX-Loop Return input. The sound seems to be clear, as I'm bypassing the preamp section, but the problem of doing this is that the amp volume knob doesn't work. I have to control the volume through my pedalboard output level. Is there another way to bypass the preamp section to eliminate distortion?

Sorry for this dumb question: if I remove the preamp valve will the power section work without distortion?

Any help will be welcome, thank you!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Micro Dark Terror: How to disable preamp?

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Not really. What you can do is set the gain as far up as it goes without distortion - and them use the master volume as volume control.

That's all you can do really.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:26 pm

Put a volume pedal as your last pedal. You do have to realize you're trying to do something it wasn't designed to do and there are better options out there.

ma2marco

Post by ma2marco » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Thank you guys!