Orange Crush 35LDX issues

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

RedstoneEditor

Orange Crush 35LDX issues

Post by RedstoneEditor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:43 am

Hey everyone, I've been having this problem with my combo. I had it on full volume to hear it played over the drums and stepped on the cable connecting my guitar, which disconnected it, and caused the amp to make a popping sound. I ended up replacing the Fuze with the spare that came with it, and it seems to be fine, but now, the gain knob does absolutely nothing, except if I have it set around 1, the volume drops a bit, any higher or lower is normal. There is no gain adjustment happening when I move the knob. Any idea what the issue could be?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Orange Crush 35LDX issues

Post by bclaire » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:21 am

I wonder if you stepped on it hard enough that you bent the board and disconnected one of the gain pot lugs....?

RedstoneEditor

Post by RedstoneEditor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:19 pm

When I stepped on it the cord was pulled from the guitar not the amp :lol:

RedstoneEditor

Post by RedstoneEditor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:26 pm

May have fixed that, now when gain is at 0, it's like the volume is all the way down, and when it's up, as well as the overdrive, and the treble up, bass down, and mid down, the tone sounds like it has bass or is muddy.

RedstoneEditor

Post by RedstoneEditor » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 pm

May have fixed that, now when gain is at 0, it's like the volume is all the way down, and when it's up, as well as the overdrive, and the treble up, bass down, and mid down, the tone sounds like it has bass or is muddy.