Issue with tube shield mount on TH30 combo

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

kmb8488

Issue with tube shield mount on TH30 combo

Post by kmb8488 » Sat May 06, 2017 5:27 am

Hi guys,

I just replaced some of the preamp tubes in my TH30 and noticed the V2 tube shield won't snap into place on the post. I looked closer and noticed that the notches on the post have ground down a bit, and I assume that's why the tube shield isn't catching them and locking into place. I have a really big gig tonight, so I see my options as such:

1. Play the show without the tube shield and pray it doesn't cause any excess noise
2. Hit the local hardware or electronics store and see if they have a replacement post

I am not very savvy when it comes to dealing with amp technical issues (as you probably guessed from reading this post), so I'd love to get your advice on the matter. Thanks much.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Issue with tube shield mount on TH30 combo

Post by a.hun » Sat May 06, 2017 10:04 am

Running without the valve shield is fairly unlikely to cause any problems. If you can't find the right part don't worry too much. (But for a big gig you should have a backup amp ready anyway, right...?)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Issue with tube shield mount on TH30 combo

Post by Jondog » Sat May 06, 2017 12:27 pm

I wouldn't worry about it too much. You might be able to take a small precision screwdriver or something to pry the tab out. They're just thin pliable aluminum.