Duel Terror do's & don'ts !!!

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Mezzamort

Duel Terror do's & don'ts !!!

Post by Mezzamort » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:46 am

I would like to know the do's & don'ts with my Duel Terror sorry but all these switches has me a little confused on what and when you use them and should it be in STBY when ever you use 1 ? Thank you for all your suggestions ! The so called Manuel is a little questionable to say the least !
"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make "Lennon & McCartney "Imagine all the people living in the world in peace " John Lennon !

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Re: Duel Terror do's & don'ts !!!

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:02 am

Eh? Orange amp complicated to use....??

Use standby to warm the valves prior to switching to play - this will increase the longevity of the valves and allow the internals to warm up ready for use . The amp should be on standby for at least a couple of minutes. For my Ad30htc I think the manual recommends the amp being put on standby for at least 4 minutes before switching to play, although I prefer to keep mine of standby for much longer prior to playing when I can.

About the most important thing to remember.........And I think is very good practice, is to ensure before powering the amp up to always have the head connected to the cab. If it's an Orange cab then the 16ohm output from the amp plugged into the cab and always use a speaker cable not a regular guitar cable.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Duel Terror do's & don'ts !!!

Post by Jondog » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Channel switch can be used without putting it in standby, the 4/2 output tube switch should be used with the amp in standby first.