Kongpressor

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Apelsin

Kongpressor

Post by Apelsin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:11 am

Hi,
Where to place my Kongpressor in the chain? I will use it togheter with a Baxbangeetar and a Twostroke. Is first the Bangeetar and then Twostroke and the Kongpressor the right order?

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Kongpressor

Post by Les Paul Lover » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 am

That's probably how I would try it.

But you may find another order works better for you
!!!

Let us know your thoughts on the kongpressor!!!
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

Bensnake
Orange Master

Post by Bensnake » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:28 am

I'd try the Kongpressor first in chain. The Bax B. makes some noise and that may increase if you put a compressor after. Kongpressor --- Twostroke --- Bax B. Try out for yourself.
RV100 MKIII | '75 OR120 | OR100 | OR50 | CS50 | R30H | TT
2 x PPC412
Bax B. | Amp D.

Marshall 1959 HW + 1936V
Fender '65 Super Reverb Reissue
Vox AC30C2X + V212C

Playing Les Pauls and Teles...

Apelsin

Post by Apelsin » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi guys,
Since there No right or wrong i Will try it out. First i thought that it sould Go first in the chain but then i saw a clip on You Tube with Abe and then it was placed last After Bangeetar and Two Stroke, thats made me Wondering. I Will ofcourse give you guys my opinion.
By the way the ampdetonater is great! A Rockerverb or CS 50 togheter with a Supro Black Magick is just magic
Abe for president.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:40 am

Leaving the Twostroke aside for a moment, you'll be finding big differences putting the comp before / after the BBg. That is because the BBg is very uncompressed. Compression and gain aren't the same thing BTW, it has plenty of gain, but like an uncompressed amp even at higher gain settings the distortion and volume will drop off pretty fast with note decay.

Putting a comp in front will give you noticeably more sustain, both clean and dirty. It will even out the gain differences between harder and softer picking and help you zone in on a particular level of distortion. Dirt will also stay dirtier longer.

Putting the comp after the BBg will even out the overall volume differences but leave bigger 'clean to dirty' responses to how hard you pick. Dirt will decay faster but with less reduction in volume as it cleans up.

Because the BBg acts very much like a good amp, if using the Twostroke as a level / gain boost for solos it would make sense to put it immediately before the BBg for maximum BBg effect. (Then having a comp after the BBg would really help you control the level differences going to your amp!) Having it between the BBg and your amp will make the amp response more important. Depends what you want really.
If using the Twostroke more to change the tone but keeping similar gain then just experiment with where it works best for you.

I've been using the BBG a lot lately, especially for recording. I don't find it very noisy at all, certainly not for the amount of gain on tap.

Who is this Abe??? ;)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!