Help noob looking for info.

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Reikiman676

Help noob looking for info.

Post by Reikiman676 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:24 am

I have a epiphone ep800 15 watt amp and a epiphone slash snakepit 15g 15 watt amp connected by a aby pedal.
I would like to get a micro terror and connect it to my amps.
1. Is this possible?
2. Would that be to much and kill my amps?
3. If this is possible to do in a safe manner how would i go about hooking it all up?

PBA
Rocker

Re: Help noob looking for info.

Post by PBA » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:39 am

I am not clear on exactly what you wish to do. The MT is an amplifier and designed to be used to drive a speaker. It shouldn't be used to drive another amp. If you plan on just driving one of the speakers in your existing amps then it might be possible - provided you can disconnect the speaker from the relevant amp.

If you were planning on buying the MT AND a speaker cabinet then you could use it alongside either one of your current amps. Switching becomes more complex if you need all three amps. I suspect that the simplest way to do it would be with a second ABY box feeding out to one of the amps and the other output going as the input to your current ABY.

I'm reasonably confident that what you CANNOT do with ease is connect three amps to two speakers.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Help noob looking for info.

Post by bclaire » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:21 am

Reikiman676 wrote:I have a epiphone ep800 15 watt amp and a epiphone slash snakepit 15g 15 watt amp connected by a aby pedal.
I would like to get a micro terror and connect it to my amps.
1. Is this possible?
2. Would that be to much and kill my amps?
3. If this is possible to do in a safe manner how would i go about hooking it all up?
I don't think it would work. The Micro Terror wants to see a speaker attached. Even if you could do it, I suspect it would sound awful.