Ad30htc: fuse keeps blowing

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Ad30htc: fuse keeps blowing

Post by Jondog » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:13 am

Yeah, new tech. The old tubes is not the solution. There's multiple things that could be going on. All the electrical components should be checked for shorts, bad connections, bad components etc...

tommygunn

Post by tommygunn » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:51 pm

I changed the HT fuse and now the head works. I hope the fuse blown is due to that guy that unplugged the amp while the tubes were hot. Anyways I will change the tubes asap, with jj's this time, so I am sure they will fit
Gear
Guitars: Fender Mustang, Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amps: Orange AD30HTC w/ , ppc212 clone
Effects: Big Muff Triangle clone, Catalinbread Super Chilli Picoso, MXR Phase 90, EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, Boss RV-6,

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 pm

tommygunn wrote:I changed the HT fuse and now the head works. I hope the fuse blown is due to that guy that unplugged the amp while the tubes were hot. Anyways I will change the tubes asap, with jj's this time, so I am sure they will fit

I've once blown a fuse with good valves in my AD15 when the valve heater circuit failed. A sudden rupture in the current supply can cause the this to happen, but it is unlikely.

I hope this is it for you, it's a horrible feeling taking your amp out not knowing if you'll be able to finish the 1St song......
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

tommygunn

Post by tommygunn » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:26 pm

I hope so, I will see what happens these days. Hopefully it won't be "tech-time" anymore, since I have already spend the equal of two good pedals for nothing
Gear
Guitars: Fender Mustang, Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amps: Orange AD30HTC w/ , ppc212 clone
Effects: Big Muff Triangle clone, Catalinbread Super Chilli Picoso, MXR Phase 90, EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai, Boss RV-6,