Thunderverb 50 - reverb level

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Erling59

Thunderverb 50 - reverb level

Post by Erling59 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:45 am

Hi
I am the happy owner of a thunderverb 50. The amp does the trick for me
I had for a couple of month now and from the very start I have bee wondering about the reverb knob.
It seems that its difficult to get it right. For me - its only useful between zero and 8 oclock. If I turn up further - its Way to much.
I would expect the knob should be useful for a wider range

Anyone havin the same problem ? .....and what can be done to make it more useful ?

Kind regards
Erling

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Re: Thunderverb 50 - reverb level

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:51 pm

No, both the thunderverb and early rockerverb (MKI and MKII) are pretty intense.

Between nil and 10 or 11 o'clock, you get about the max reverb level of any other amps on the market. However, with the TV and RV series, you can push it further.

It took me a while to get used to it, buy you can get some pretty spaced out sounds with it maxed, that I like very much. Not everybody will make use of that though.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

pedecamp
Orange Hero

Post by pedecamp » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:19 am

No dude don't worry about it, use what you need and don't bother with the other 90% LOL. Its a great reverb its just that you don't need much of it. Other amps I have with reverb the same thing, Vox, Fender, set it to 1 and its too much so I have it set less than 1.
Thunderverb 50

Erling59

Post by Erling59 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:37 am

Hi

Thanks for your answers.
It seems that I have to live with that ..... HM.... Not logical... Range of reverb.
Its not a huge problem - I just dont understand why Orange has chosen a unuseful range of reverb in these models.

Cheers
Erling

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:14 pm

Erling59 wrote:Hi

Thanks for your answers.
It seems that I have to live with that ..... HM.... Not logical... Range of reverb.
Its not a huge problem - I just dont understand why Orange has chosen a unuseful range of reverb in these models.

Cheers
Erling
Well..... It's not that unuseful.... It's more unusual.
You simply have more reverb on tap than on most other amps.

If you're willing to experiment, you may find that totally maxed out, that reverb is a bit like a crazy reverb / delay that can be used to some pretty insane results.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

pedecamp
Orange Hero

Post by pedecamp » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:48 am

Erling59 wrote:Hi

Thanks for your answers.

Cheers
Erling
Like I said, its not unusual or an Orange thing for that matter. All my amps with reverb have a ton of reverb and the solution is set it less than 1 and it works perfect. Its always better to have too much than too little, you can always dial it down. Good luck with it man :wink:
Thunderverb 50