Orange Tube Reverb Unit schematic

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

skylark

Orange Tube Reverb Unit schematic

Post by skylark » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi folks,

i found this tube reverb unit from Ormat era and am wondering, if there are any schematics available for the tube version? I see a schematic floating around for the solid state version of the later Orange reverb units, but not the tube version.

Also the early Matamp 2000 era Reverb Unit was meant to go in front of the amp and hence had a totally different circuit than the Reverb unit that was meant for amps with the Echo send and return inputs? I would also be happy about schematics from these early units.

Thank you very much in advance!

Skylark

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Orange Tube Reverb Unit schematic

Post by bclaire » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:20 pm

Hmm... haven't seen that schematic. I'll check my little archive of schematics but I don't think that one is there....

I think it's pretty basic though and if it was not messed with, it should be pretty easy for any tech to troubleshoot...

skylark

Post by skylark » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:09 am

Thanks for the info bclaire!

Sorry, i realized it sounded misleading - i did not buy a unit (or find one) - i meant i stumbled over some pics of the model and some gut-shots on the net. If i had bought a unti i would post pics all over the forum :)

I am thinking about building a unit - looks like astraight forward build. Could do the solid state version, but would prefer the tube version, if i can dig the schematic out somewhere.

skylark

Post by skylark » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Btw. how big is the difference of the unit being in front of the amp - as it seems to have been the case with the early Matamp 2000 reverb - or going through the Echo send/return as in the later Ormat models? I guess the echo send/return is after the preamp, before the PI - therefore it should be semewhat more usible with overdrive comapred to the in front of the amp variant?