CR60c issue.

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

sleeper

CR60c issue.

Post by sleeper » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:48 am

Hi everyone!

My CR60c makes a crackling noise when I hit a chord on the clean channel. Here is a link to a recording I did with my Iphone https://clyp.it/su2nbygv . Bass and Treble settings are both at noon. I have tried multiple guitars, changing the cable, and hooking up an external cabinet and I still get the same crackling sound.

Any ideas on why it is making this terrible noise?

Thanks in advance!!

-Scott

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: CR60c issue.

Post by a.hun » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:23 am

Nope. I'd take it back personally...

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

pedecamp
Orange Hero

Post by pedecamp » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:08 pm

Return it for sure.
Thunderverb 50

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Post by RickenBangler » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:56 am

Just a thought here... what are your settings on the clean channel volume and the master volume?
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp

sleeper

Post by sleeper » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:55 am

RickenBangler wrote:Just a thought here... what are your settings on the clean channel volume and the master volume?
I have both set to about 10 o'clock.

It makes that noise no matter what I change so I guess its time to email someone over at Orange USA technical services. I can't wait to get it sorted, I really do love this amp.

I see in the "Orange USA Technical Service" thread that Will Loftin said "You can also email me by using the email link in the forum!". I don't see a link anywhere. Is he referencing private message? I would prefer to email rather than call as my schedule is quite hectic.

Sorry if its obvious and I'm just missing it :D

Thanks!
Last edited by sleeper on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 am

Actually I'm afraid the usualy advice here is to phone as e-mails aren't always promptly answered. :(

Not sure if he meant PM, but you could try it and see.

Good luck!

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

dudergroob

Post by dudergroob » Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 am

Hey mine does that too.....I thought that was just the clean channel breaking up? I've read from other's that it breaks up fairly easily. Please let me know what you find out! I'm also having fizz problems with my dirty channel (detailed here http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... 0c#p638138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I wonder if they're related?

I'm also using a really hot pickup (invader), what are you using? Would that have anything to do with it?
-Nick

dudergroob

Post by dudergroob » Sun May 24, 2015 3:08 am

I spoke with someone at Orange about this and he suggested plugging your guitar into the fx return and slowly turning up the volume. This would tell you if the crackle is from the pre or post section. But if its in the post section I'd think it would effect both channels right?

In either case, if you have warranty coverage he said its worth filling out an RMA form.
-Nick