Rockerverb 50 MK 1 dirty channel when out on me!

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

ckyratm
Orange Hero

Rockerverb 50 MK 1 dirty channel when out on me!

Post by ckyratm » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 am

So I just turned on my amp after just playing a show a few days ago. I noticed that my dirty channel volume is not responding. A little bit of sound does seem to come through, but it's very faint. The gain seems to be the only knob on that channel that is working. Clean channel is fine.

I've had my amp since 2008 and have never had a problem such as this. I am leaving on a 1 week tour this Friday so this is obviously the worst possible time for this to happen. Hopefully I can figure it out. I did a brief search through the threads already and didn't find anything yet so I apologize if this is already posted somewhere. If anyone out there has any knowledge on this, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!
http://www.earthought.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man1ak
Orange Hero

Re: Rockerverb 50 MK 1 dirty channel when out on me!

Post by Man1ak » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:14 am

Not sure if they are related, but I had a similar problem in my OR15 - i.e. the sound level would drop and only the gain know would seem to work. In my case it was a faulty capacitor. Why don't you take it to a tech? They will be able to spot the issue much faster, i guess. Good luck!

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: Rockerverb 50 MK 1 dirty channel when out on me!

Post by a.hun » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 am

Preamp valve problem chance is. (See my reply on your other thread!!!)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!