OR15 Cover

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

freddybrass

OR15 Cover

Post by freddybrass » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:23 am

Does anyone know where to get an inexpensive dust cover for an OR15. Studioslips has one for 30.00$ but they want 33.00$ to ship to Canada.
Thanks

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Re: OR15 Cover

Post by RickenBangler » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:14 pm

freddybrass wrote:Does anyone know where to get an inexpensive dust cover for an OR15. Studioslips has one for 30.00$ but they want 33.00$ to ship to Canada.
Thanks
I got mine from Orange direct - nice quality and sensible price. I see they're not apparently available from the USA shop section of the Orange site but are listed on the 'Rest of the World' bit - so I guess that would 'cover' you..?

Give 'em a ring - I'm sure they'll help.

Rb
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp

GySgtFTL

Post by GySgtFTL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm in the same boat here. I have sent three emails to Orange asking how or where I could purchase a cover for my OR15 but as of yet I've received no reply. Seems odd that the US would be left out of the loop and unable to purchase a cover that is clearly for sale everywhere else.
I suppose I'll attempt a phone call to the USA site and see if I can get an answer.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter accusations.

fiveightandten
Orange Master

Post by fiveightandten » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:13 pm

They're not inexpensive, but I can recommend D2F covers. I have a few of theirs, and they're pretty nice. Padded covers. This is why I have for my AD30 and Hiwatt. Tuki covers are great too, and a little nicer IMO. I have one of those for my AC-30TBX. I've had it for about 13 years or so and it's held up beautifully. No wear or seam failures on it whatsoever.

If you want real cheap, you can make something. I cut out cardboard panels the size of each side of the amp. I put them together to make a sleeve that slides over the top of the amp and wrap the whole thing with duct tape. I leave a hole (or holes) for the handles.

It sounds ghetto, but actually makes for a sturdy sleeve that protects the amp quite well. Truth be told, I don't have a custom slip cover for my '71 GRO. I'm still using a cardboard and duct tape homemade cover. It protects the amp perfectly. Less than $5 in materials.

-Nick
'71 GRO100 || '96 OR-80 || AD30 || '64 AC-50 || AC-30TBX || Hiwatt DR504 || HI-TONE HT30
LP Standard || LP Studio || LP Custom Lite || Ric 620 || Ric 360 || MIA Tele || SG 61 RI

GySgtFTL

Post by GySgtFTL » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:35 pm

I have been using a towel folded over it just to keep dust out of it. On the bright side though, I did get a response from a nice lady at Orange in Atlanta who told me that the cover is now listed on the USA site but alas, they are currently out of stock.

waswell

Post by waswell » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:00 am

I just ordered one from Orange USA.

They are apparently back in stock.

GySgtFTL

Post by GySgtFTL » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 am

Strange. I just went to the Orange USA Webstore and although the OR15H headcover is listed in the dropdown box, there is no way to add it to the cart. It says "Notify me when available." This is the same as yesterday. Did you order from the US Site and did it allow you to add the cover to a cart for checkout?

waswell

Post by waswell » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:52 am

GySgtFTL wrote:Strange. I just went to the Orange USA Webstore and although the OR15H headcover is listed in the dropdown box, there is no way to add it to the cart. It says "Notify me when available." This is the same as yesterday. Did you order from the US Site and did it allow you to add the cover to a cart for checkout?
I called Orange USA directly to order. They weren't listed on their website, as you found out, but they told me they were in stock so I ordered one and gave my info over the phone. I received my email order confirmation so they probably didn't have time to update the web.

waswell

Post by waswell » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:30 am

Received mine yesterday from Orange USA and they are very nice.

FWIW they are now listed in the drop-down menu on their web site.