Reverb cable?

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

DRennick

Reverb cable?

Post by DRennick » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi,
The reverb on my Rockerverb 50 head hasn't worked in about 3 years and I've finally decided to find the root of the problem. I think it's the rca input cable for the tank........
When I flick the springs with my finger I can hear them coming through the amp. This leads me to believe that the tank is outputting a signal? The guitar signal however is not getting to it?
I also tried replacing the tank with the one from my blues junior amp but that didn't work.
So would I be right in thinking that it's the reverb input cable? How difficult would it be to replace this?

Thanks....

DRennick

Re: Reverb cable?

Post by DRennick » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm now thinking that the problem lies between the input RCA jack on the tank and the springs. When I plug into the other tank I'm getting a reverbed guitar signal. This tank has different input connections so it doesn't fit properly to tell, but there's definitely a reverb there.
Anyone had any similar problems here? Maybe if I replace the green and black wire going on the input side of the tank?

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 am

May be the very fine wire to the transducer mentioned here:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... everb+wire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck!

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

DRennick

Post by DRennick » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks for the link Andy. I've since stripped back the green and black wires on the input side and soldered them directly, instead of using the plastic connector. Still nothing though. I'm going to replace those wires altogether and if that doesn't work I'd say I need to order a new tank.

DRennick

Post by DRennick » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:54 pm

I've pretty much fixed the reverb issue. I pulled out the insides of my Blues Junior tank and replaced that into the rockerverb tank. So I have reverb again, although the output transformer brings in a huge amount of hum when the reverb is turned up. I'll start another thread.....