Bass Terror Issue

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

pikeybeatz

Bass Terror Issue

Post by pikeybeatz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 pm

the fuse in my bass terror blew quite violently a couple of weeks ago, and i only got a chance to replace the fuse the day of a gig, so i plugged the amp in on stage and it shorted out the whole soundsystem and part of the lighting rig, aswell as blowing another fuse, can anybody suggest what the issue may be?
thanks alot
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V 5 string active
Epiphone Embassy Standard 5 string passive
Cort C4h Active
Ibanez AEB8E Acoustic Bass

Orange Bass Terror
Orange SP212

http://www.myspace.com/pikeybeatz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Bass Terror Issue

Post by bclaire » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:50 am

Fuses blow for a reason. They're there to protect the amp electronics from something going wrong, usually tube related. I'd bring it back for warranty work.

VictorLuigi

Post by VictorLuigi » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 am

Hi Guys!

I’d like to know what kind of chance I would have to do to chance the voltage of my Terror Bass 500.

It’s now 230v~240v and I’d like to chance it to 100v~120v.

Does anyone know what kind of chance will be necessary?

Thanks!

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:49 pm

pikeybeatz wrote:the fuse in my bass terror blew quite violently a couple of weeks ago, and i only got a chance to replace the fuse the day of a gig, so i plugged the amp in on stage and it shorted out the whole soundsystem and part of the lighting rig, aswell as blowing another fuse, can anybody suggest what the issue may be?
thanks alot
Fuses normally do blow for a reason. In the BT it is unlikely to be valve realted as it has a solid state power section and preamp valves blowing don't normally have such a drastic effect ie things normally just stop working.

Sounds like something major in the way of a short circuit has occured. It must have been drawing a heck of a current to take down most of the rest of the stage equipment!!! :shock:

The amp definitely needs to be seen by an experienced tech. If still under warranty (it must be - they haven't been out that long) I'd suggest returning it to your dealer and / or contacting Orange. (Hint: phoning Orange tends to work better than e-mail!)

Good luck with that, and do please let us know what they find.

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

Sooner
Orange Master

Post by Sooner » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:01 pm

VictorLuigi wrote:Hi Guys!

I’d like to know what kind of chance I would have to do to chance the voltage of my Terror Bass 500.

It’s now 230v~240v and I’d like to chance it to 100v~120v.

Does anyone know what kind of chance will be necessary?

Thanks!
Assuming the Terror Bass is set up like all the other new Oranges, the wiring inside the amp can be chanced to convert between voltages:

http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sooner
AD1512 Serial No. 001