rocker 30 low level feedback

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

wyyatt

rocker 30 low level feedback

Post by wyyatt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:16 pm

I have what seems to be feedback coming from my clean channel, when my clean volume is set fairly high, will not stop until I lower the volume. The feed back is not loud at all, not like feedback you would get from the dirty channel that progressively increases. It just kind of stays at the low level it is at, until I turn the clean volume down? Anyone with any ideas??? Could the valves need replacing? Amp is just over 1 year old with lots of hours on it.... dirty channel seems fine????

Any help would be appreciated....

Wyyatt

thenetsux
Orange Hero

Re: rocker 30 low level feedback

Post by thenetsux » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:09 am

Has it always done this or has it only recently started acting this way? I experience feedback on the clean channel of my AD140 in some situations, but I have never noticed if it was drastically different from feedback of other situations. It sounds like your tubes are good candidates for changing whether they are the culprits or not. If nothing else, you will know what it's not.
http://www.myspace.com/systemsnc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/thebandmake" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LowWatt

Post by LowWatt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm

wyyatt wrote:I have what seems to be feedback coming from my clean channel, when my clean volume is set fairly high, will not stop until I lower the volume. The feed back is not loud at all, not like feedback you would get from the dirty channel that progressively increases. It just kind of stays at the low level it is at, until I turn the clean volume down? Anyone with any ideas??? Could the valves need replacing? Amp is just over 1 year old with lots of hours on it.... dirty channel seems fine????

Any help would be appreciated....

Wyyatt
That sounds like one side of your V1 is going microphonic. To test, switch V1 (the preamp tube closest to the input jack) with V2 (the preamp tube in the middle). If the problem disappears in the clean channel (and possibly now appears in the dirty channel, but it might not), then that means the tube you had in V1 was going microphonic and should be replaced with a new tube.

wyyatt

Post by wyyatt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Ok thanks for the responses, I'm thinking one of the valves is the problem too... will try switching V1 & V2, stay tuned....

tks again,

Wyyatt