rockerverb reverb tank

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

adamskiuk
Tiny Terror

Post by adamskiuk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:54 am

Hi Everyone, I think i need to replace my reverb tank in my rockerverb 50 combo. Wdoes anyone know what i can use to replace it? Looks a simple job. my reverb is intermittant but works again when i take fiddle with the phono plugs. Its not the plugs or cable or amp (btw)

I was wondering if anyone knows if i could put a different tank in? just to mod it and be different? ;)

Also like many people things end up in the back of the combo from gigging, bits of drumkit etc?? so i would like to protect the tank somehow? other combos have the reverb tank in a bag of sorts is this a good idea?

Any help appreciated.

Ohon another not i've just re-valved it with Harma drive tested STR's replacing the old JJ's WOW i will post about them l8r! :D
Rocker 30, RV 50c, VOX AC15, 76 Les Paul, Eric Johnson SB strat, 57 strat, vox clyde mccoy, ehx small stone, ehx nano LB-1, Boss DD-6 + TR-3.

jamison162
Orange Master

Post by jamison162 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Is your reverb tank an Accutronics? Just match up the model number and order another one exactly the same from a dealer or direct from Accutronics. They are pretty cheap....are you sure it's the tank?

adamskiuk
Tiny Terror

Post by adamskiuk » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 pm

http://www.tubesandmore.com/scripts/fox ... =P-RBAG-17

this is the bag i was talking about. Reckon i will just haul out the tank after tomorrows gig and geth the serial. Its def the tank as when the reverb stops working i have to take out the tank, unplug everything and plug it back in to get it working again. I've had a tech check the amp part and he says its fine.

I think i'll give orange a call and see if they can supply me with one. will keep u posted
Rocker 30, RV 50c, VOX AC15, 76 Les Paul, Eric Johnson SB strat, 57 strat, vox clyde mccoy, ehx small stone, ehx nano LB-1, Boss DD-6 + TR-3.

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:29 pm

mine came with the ruby tank and iw as thinking about going accutronics. opinions? would it change anything?
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.