Rockerverb 30 or 50?

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

Jack71

Post by Jack71 » Sat May 03, 2008 6:34 am

Hey everyone. New guy here. I've really been digging the clips I've been hearing of the Orange stuff and think I'm going to grab one soon. I've got it narrowed down to a Rockerverb 30 or 50. Leaving out the equation of volume, headroom, or money, which one would you choose? I guess someone who owns or has owned both would be best qualified to answer.

Any signficant differences? I know the 50 use 6v6's instead of EL34s. I've heard the 50 has a touch more gain than the 30. True? Decent cleans would be nice but I'm willing to sacrifice for a better overdrive tone. Anybody run their Rockerverbs through a Greenback loaded cab? I would think that would be a good match for the voicing of these amps. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Janglin_Jack
Orange Hero

Post by Janglin_Jack » Sat May 03, 2008 7:04 am

I can answer one of your questions. I love my Rockerverb 50 through a 2x12 cabinet loaded with Celestion Heritage Greenback G12M. Killer combo.

Jack
"...weak with evil and broken by the world."

Joshlespaul1952

Post by Joshlespaul1952 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:46 pm

I would choose the Rockerverb. Not only do you have more control over the clean channel, the cleans just sound better to me. The Rockerverb does have more gain than the Rocker. I think the Rocker would be better for more classic rock styles, whereas the Rockerverb can handle more modern sounds better. Good luck, and welcome! And as Joey said, the community discussion does get more views...

Joey22

Post by Joey22 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:16 am

Hey man Welcome to the forum! You might want to post on the community discussion instead of the technical forum! It's a little more fun! This forum(the technical one) is more for problems with you amp.