Orange popularity

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

KORTEZ

Post by KORTEZ » Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:56 pm

i picked up a sound city mark 4 custom the other day (yep it was in an amp repairers shed, he said he couldnt be bothered to look at it!!! he also had a couple of bird amps, a 45 watt fender twin and a 60's vox ac30 signed by dongle-narf denny!). anyway the sound city, partridge trannies and active tone controls. looks like a hi-watt and was supposedly something to do with dave reeves before he left sound city and formed the hi- watt company. point is i picked this amp up for £150 plugged it in and it sings, i guess there are some amps that are just great sounding but still not popular and so can be had cheap. i dont think that will last forever as people re-discover great sounding amps. i think the days are gone where a cool cheap amp can be found on ebay, too many of us looking. maybe a gem might turn up on yahoo auctions cos few people check out yahoo auctions. the best places are local free ads and chasing up stories and tales about old local muso's who used to have that plexi orange and hasnt played for years. i bet you its still in his loft gathering dust and nostalgia.
i'll swap any oranges i find over here for any tweed original bassmans you find over there!!!!!!!!!!! lol, worth a shot!