Bass question on pairing of heads and cabs...

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

DAVE11

Post by DAVE11 » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:13 am

I have a question regarding the pairing of a new Orange 4.10 bass cab with an Ampeg SVT-3PRO head. The Orange cab just seems too punchy and high at times. I want a nice deep, warm bottom end that the Orange cab doesn't seem to give me compared to the current rig that I'm using which includes the same SVT-3PRo head with an Ampeg SVT-410HE.

The ampeg cab is middle of the road but the bottom end response blows the orange cab out of the water, at times. So I'm attempting to buy the Orange 200B bass head to pair it up with the Orange cab. When I played this rig in the store everything sounded great. So will the Orange head really make that big of a difference in the sound that I get out of the Orange cab? I also can't help but wonder if something might be wrong with the Orange cab, possibly a bad speaker connection or could it be out of phase?? I don't know? I received the cab a little banged up from shipping so something could have happened along the way, although Orange is sending me a new one