looking at geting a orange halfstack

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

emo kid

Post by emo kid » Thu Nov 14, 2002 2:59 am

Ok well I play emo core and emo stuff. So I need a clear clean and good distortion. I have been looking at Marshall and Orange. The Marshall head I have been looking at is the jcm2000 dual super lead and with the Orange I have been looking at the Orange AD140 Lead Custom Shop Amplifier Head. I dont know I have played the Marshall but I have hered so much about Orange equipment. So I was just going to ask any body which one would give me what iam looking for cause all I need is really good distortion and a really clear clean and i have a distortion pedal. If you were wondering about the cab i have my hart sent on the Orange cab 4x12. So I guess just tell me what would be best. THNAKS

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:41 am

if you have a distortion pedal then you dont need a "really good distortion" channel. if you want a "really clear clean" channel then get a fender.

a 60/100 watt 2x12" or 4x10" fender combo will get you exactly what you are looking for, you won't need that orange 4x12".

eric

Edited by - ecto coolest on 14 Nov 2002 05:45:16
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

ben

Post by ben » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:59 pm

i play pop/punk and just bought the ad30 twin channel and 4x12 cab. the distortion rocks. in my opinion, the lead channel sounds better than running through my pedals. i've tried tube screamer, big muff, several Boss distortions, varidrive, and i still like the amps distortion the best.

however, you obviously need a little more fuzz at times, so i know pedals are the only option there.

marshalls will probably be too thin for the sound you're looking for (depending on your guitar and if you can find some vintage cab that sounds better than those 1960 pieces of junk.)

the orange cab rocks, but i agree with the previous post about the fender. fender clean tone is unbeatable.

good luck

reggieisadork

Post by reggieisadork » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:39 pm

Hey Emo Kid,
I use a fender Vibrolux for clean and an Orange AD15-12 for my overdrive. Before I got the Fender I had to use a pedal (a Marshall Guv'nor that I still use for leads or compression) which wasn't that bad, but the Orange overdrive kicks massive booty! If you've got the cash get an AD30 twin channel. You can run one channel clean and one overdrive. It'll out-womp any other brands half stack and unless you're playing stadiums and huge venues you won't need anything more than the AD30TC.

~Reggie
~Reggie