footswitch?

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

ben

Post by ben » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:08 pm

i just purchased the AD30HTC and 4x12 cab, but the footswitches haven't come in yet. can i use any footswitch for now? Or will it only work with the "orange" one?

thanks,

ben

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:16 pm

any true on-off switch will work- Peavey, Echoplex, etc. Momentary switches will not.

ben

Post by ben » Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:47 pm

thanks!

Davis
Tiny Terror

Post by Davis » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:52 pm

How do you like your AD30HTC?
I'm thinking about getting one. Any drawbacks? Does it buzz onstage (usually due to single-coil pickups) or cause you any worry? How is the clean/dirty channel? Is it "true" channel switching? Any effects loop?

How much did you pay for the head? Cab?

ben

Post by ben » Thu Nov 28, 2002 4:21 am

it rocks!

the tones are amazing (the cab plays a huge part in this)the 1st channel is real punchy and is perfect for rhythm stuff. and the 2nd channel has a great sort-a high/mid boost thingy happening.

i run a tube screamer and a boss dual overdrive for my distortions and it handels them great. doesn't loose much of the punch and doesn't muddy up.

i get very little stage noise. i never have the amp up much more than half way, so that could be part of the reason.

i don't have the footswitch yet so i don't know how clean the switching will be. other than that, no regrets so far!

i paid 1,799.99 for the ad30 twin channel head and 4x12 cab.

i think i answered all of the questions. (its an amazing amp!)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:58 am

Channel switching- I use a footswitch sometimes and also have my midi-footcontroller set to analog switch the amp too. totally swift and silent- in fact, I didn't even give it a thought until I read your post. I used to have a Fender amp that dropped out between switches- not cool. This amp just rocks- it's just so amazing.... when we get our CD done I'll post some clips that show what these things sound like with a Tele and an SG Jr. Unbelievable... Billy