AD30TC PROBLEM?!?

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

mil79

Post by mil79 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:54 pm

hi,<br>
i´m gonna try my best to describe my problem. it´s hard to explain in words when you´ve got a soundproblem. <br><br>i have a AD30TC combo, which i bought last september. the transformator was replaced three months after after the purchase on warranty. the amp just stopped working.<br><br> anyway, now another problem has occured. it´s making this weird buzzing sound while i play it. for some reason the buzz is louder when a chord includes the tone B. (probably cuz of the way the tone vibrates.) the buzz decreases sustain and irritates me a whole lot. first i got the feeling that something was lose, but the buzz increases when i crank the volume. it sounds kinda like a lose spring that rattles. could this be some kind of a tube problem? i´d be thankful for any advice. help!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:25 pm

Are you sure it isn't the spring retainers for the tubes? Give them a little twist and see if the buzz goes away...

mil79

Post by mil79 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:23 am

one of the pre-amp tubes was at the edge of breaking down. i checked out the FAQ´s and did as they instructed. i replaced the bad tube yesterdey and now it´s working.<br><br>masa