My AD30R wont turn on

Orange Amps Technical Q&A's

Moderator: bclaire

angrypanda

Post by angrypanda » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:47 pm

Got an ad30r just the other week, have used it several times. The first time I turned it on there was a faint whiff of 'somthing burning' but it went straight away and didnt come back for the next few times i used it, so i forgot about it. then just yesterday after an band practice i went to turn the amp back on, nothing happened, no light, no noise nowt. I checked the mains and HT fuse, both seem fine, but i guess there's still a small chance it could be them, anyone got any idea's, i need my tone back!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:37 pm

If you bought it new, bring it back to the dealer and have them fix it under warranty... that's a little weird.

Billy

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:28 pm

Had you been letting it warm up on standby for a couple of minutes first?

Don't tell me the best way, just tell me the cheapest way...
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

mpisarcik
Orange Master

Post by mpisarcik » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:54 pm

Yes, I would imagine that letting things warm up to operating temperatures would prevent many problems. But courious to know if this a common things about the AD series, or Orange amps for that matter. Has anyone else had these problems?

"But I still haven't found what I'm looking for."

angrypanda

Post by angrypanda » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:04 pm

Yeah The fuses are fine, the tubes aint glowing coz she wont even come on, but i definatley let her warm up n down when she was working, baffling me really, gonna have to take it to a tech i guess.